Shell's Low Cal Chicken Enchiladas
4 decent size pieces of Chicken breasts (boiled and cooled)
1 Can Black Beans (rinsed)
1 Large can of diced green chilies
2.5 cans of Enchilada sauce (little cans- 25 cals per serving)
2 cups Mexican cheese (I don’t use the low fat stuff…it tastes like shit and melts like shit too!)
Large onion (chopped)
Taco sauce (about 3 tablespoons)
Tortillas (the ones I found were 50 cals each. (they are a whole grain low carb something or other)
Shred chicken.
Sauté onions, and chilies, add chicken, enchilada sauce (one can), black beans, and taco sauce.
Let simmer on low for about 30 minutes (add more enchilada sauce if you need too) (Longer you simmer…better they taste)
I put a scoop of mix in the tortilla shell a pinch of cheese, roll up and put in a baking dish.
I got 14 enchiladas out of this batch.
I topped with the more enchilada sauce and cheese (two cups was what I used for the entire dish) and baked until cheese was bubbly at 375 (about 15-20 mins)
I did the math and each enchilada comes out to be about 196 calories.

No comments:
Post a Comment